Thursday, March 19, 2009
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
I just have to share some of my day yesterday. It always seems like when there is an important event I have to go to...things start to get interesting. I knew it was going to be an interesting day when I was driving Mat to work in the morning and he yells, "RED LIGHT!!" right as I fly through the intersection. I absolutely spaced it and was thinking of other things. Luckily it was a small street not a major intersection. The Lana and I went to the store to get a few things and some flowers for our Relief Society activity tonight. Lana brought her toy shopping cart and followed me around the store. It was the cutest thing and I think I'll have her bring her cart more often-it helped to keep her interested while I was doing my own thing. My friend called when I got home to remind me that one of our volleyball players at church had a game at his high school that afternoon. On the way out I thought I'd take the flowers and drop them off at the church so I wouldn't have to come back for them later. Lana ran all the way to the elevator and as she turned the corner out of my sight I just hear, "I'm making SHI-SHI!" Great- so now she's wet and there's a puddle of pee right by the elevator. So we walk all the way back home, get her cleaned up and changed and then as we head out again she starts a meltdown (naptime) and says her feet hurt, she can't walk and it's too hard. As I use all the tricks in my book to get here to walk to the car I notice that there is something in her hair. Of course it's GUM! I can't get it out so I grab the fingernail clippers from my bag and start hacking away at my daughters beautiful hair. It was the grossest thing. I should have taken a picture but I'm kinda glad I didn't. We get in the car and it's unbearably hot- out of nowhere it's 91 degrees. The flowers and starting to wilt. As we pull into the chuch parking lot I notice no one is there and everything is locked. I think to myself, "it's lucky that Mat keeps the keys to the church right here in the car!" As I open the door I hear a beeping sound and realize, sure I had the keys but not the CODE TO DISARM THE ALARM! So it goes off with sirens and lights and I call around for the code desperately and can't get a hold of anyone. Finally I get a call back from our bishops sweet wife and she helps me disarm the darn thing. 15 minutes later we're finally off to the volleyball game and right before we get there my friend calls: the game is over. AHHHRRRGGHHH!
Anyway, at several points in the day I was very irritated and frustrated. However, there are so many things to be grateful for: the RS meeting turned out pretty well, Lana made me smile and laugh all day, I had a nice time visiting with friends, and Mat was so gracious to help out with the nursery. hehe. Anyway, I'm tired of typing but the good always outweights the bad and looking back it's all pretty funny. Hmmm...what should I do today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Dang what a day! You have such a positive attitude!!
What a terrible day! I'm impressed you still had some nice things to say. I'm pretty sure I'd just be wallowing...
UUUGH it sounds like one of those day you just want to end. I hope you can not tell where you had to cut her hair. How in the world did she get it in there to begin with????
Hey Sheena!
I was looking at Jackie Auna's blog and saw yours! Hope you don't mind! I'm glad you can laugh about your crazy days! My mom said you have to laugh otherwise you cry! haha Its true huh? Where are you living? Congrats on the new baby coming! My sister-in-law is pregnant too... due August 3rd. Aloha, Ashley
Post a Comment