Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ready to move to Maui...



As always, Maui is just what I need to feel peaceful and complete. It explains so much to me about who Mat is when I learn more about where he comes from. There's just so many sweet and down to earth people there and it's absolutely beautiful. We had a great time with Mat's family! Lana is so lucky to have such awesome grandparents, super cool aunty and uncles and fun cousins.

Lana had a great time playing with Grandma and Grandpa Tanigawa, U'i (she finally got it straight, U'i!) and Uncle Mike who would always play with her and Bear in the yard. We had fun walks up to Makawao town and Lana had her best dream ever while sleeping at Grandma and Grandpas. (A sleeping beauty dream that she spent 10 minutes describing to me when she woke up)

Grandma Sharon, Grandpa Nelson, Uncle Chad and Aunty Stephie sure showed us a good time as well! We had lots of fun trips to dinner, many late nights playing hanafuda and texas hold'em. We also got to celebrate Chad's birthday with him and that was fun too! One of the funniest things was when Grandpa Tengan and Lana were tickling each other! And Grandma Sharon discovered she had a little shadow named Lana that followed her around EVERYWHERE!

And of course our trip couldn't be complete with out COUSINS! Lana's energy was multiplied by 20 when she was playing with Kama, Noa, Avei and Amira. They are so sweet to her and she really had a great time playing with them. At this moment Lana is making believe that she's playing with her cousins. I just heard her say, "Mom, take a picture of me and Noa!" Tali and Kaulana were so nice to have us over to their house for pizza and games. We all watched while Mat and Kama went head to head in a Wii Fit challenge. They would have gone all night...and now that's what Mat and I keep trying to find- a Wii Fit so we can practice!! Luckily all of our fun with the cousins can continue in California when they come to DISNEYLAND in a few months. WHOHOO!

Thanks to all our wonderful family who made us feel at home! We love you so much and are grateful to have such a loving family.

1 comment:

Traveling Deckers said...

I would move to Hawaii in a flash if I knew Dennis could work there for what he makes in DODDS. It is just so peaceful. I love the sun and ocean breeze no matter where you are.