Monday, February 2, 2009

Words from the Wise

Last night we had a combined fireside with 7 different stakes to hear Sister Beck, the General Relief Society President. I thought it was an especially nice treat to hear her since I've never been to general conference. Of course the building was stuffed with women and you can just imagine the chitter chatter. I'm so glad that I went though because she was such a powerful speaker. She just spoke so freely and with the Spirit and I thought that it was brave of her to take questions from the audience for the majority of the talk. I'd be scared to death to do that! Not only did she answer the questions of all these different women, I think she also elaborated on the topic very well and really went into some doctrine (all off the top of her head!) She talked about the roles of mothers and women, how to strengthen the home and families, good habits, what to do when children stray, etc. Anyway, today I feel a little more motivated to fulfill my role as a wife, mother, sister, daughter and be more faithful.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What a cool opportunity! I'm so jealous!

Traveling Deckers said...

How cool. I would love to go to something like that. I think being a mom is the hardest job on earth. It is also the most fulfilling!!!!!

Unknown said...

that's awesome. You always inspire me to do better...but I don't have time..or motivation...will you help me?