Friday, January 30, 2009

It's a....BABY!

I had my first prenatal appointment this week and was dying to know what's going on in my tummy. I figured I was about 15 weeks along and when they said they'd be doing an ultra-sound to make sure, I had to smile because I thought they'd be able to tell me if it's a boy or girl as well as how old it was. So...to make a long story short, I found out it's healthy, active and...13 and a half weeks old. That's it. The doctor put the machine away and I was like, "were you able to see the sex of the baby?" And he said, "Oh, I wasn't really looking for that right now but we're scheduling you in to come back for another ultra-sound in a few weeks." (I was hoping he'd just turn the machine on again. Oh well.

The fun thing about the appointment was Lana. She was so cute about the whole thing. First of all, she gets a kick out of the fact that I have to pee in a cup. She really gets a good laugh out of that. She also likes watching me get blood drawn and told the nurse, "USE A BIG NEEDLE!" Watching all the other people get shots, she also told them, "Be brave and don't cry, ok?" During the ultra-sound she really brightened up. She got as close to the screen as she could and like watching the baby do flips (over and over and over). She told the doctor that when the baby comes out it's coming to her birthday party. Haha, I hate to burst her bubble on that one...

Anyway, I feel more like I'm officially preggers now that I've seen the little one. Here's to getting my ravenous appetite back in a few days hopefully!

6 comments:

RazakFamily said...

YEAH FOR BABIES!!!
I'm so excited for you guys!

Katrina said...

Sheena, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you and your little family! I better get on it. My little cousin is starting to catch up with me, ha ha! I'll be waiting to hear if it's a little sister or brother for little Lana. She will be such a cute big sister! Hooray for the Tanigawa's!!!

Joanna said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is so great! Way to go Tanigawas. Lana sounds like she is getting so outgoing. We miss you guys.

Unknown said...

so cute!! love it! You should've just asked the doctor if he could turn it back on and check! haha!!

Natalie said...

Congrats! I'm not sure if this was your announcement but I've been a little out of the loop. So happy for you guys!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Yay Sheena, Mat and Lana!!
Congratulations - we are so thrilled for you! Lana is so fun and sweet, just like you! I hope you're not feeling too nauseous or sick or anything! lots of love,