Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What I aim for...


I'm the worst and doing my hair. It's either in a bun, ponytail, straightened or with my bangs pinned in a "poof." That is pretty much the only things I know how to do with my hair. Any suggestions or tips on how to curl or do SOMETHING ELSE with it, please let me know. Today I had a wake up call when I did the "poof" that I usually do and Lana says, "Mom...your hair looks just like Jimmy Neutron!" That's what I aim for. I guess from now on I'll call in the Jimmy 'do. haha.

5 comments:

Traveling Deckers said...

I think your hair always looks cute no matter what you do. My hair there is only one thing to do with it. Dry it and it does what it does. I love reading about your sweet family.

Katrina said...

Ah, that made me laugh out loud! So funny and cute that Lana. Reminds me of the time Kai came out of his room with his Davey Crockett coonskin hat on, doing a little jig, saying, "Look, I'm a Mommy!" My hair is almost always up in a ponytail. It's the ultimate Mommy hairstyle. :)

Natalie said...

Oh the things kids say! I hate to say it but it will probably only get worse the older they get. In primary a few weeks ago we were all introducing ourselves (teachers included). When it got to my co-teacher she said said name, favorite color, and age (28). One of the 10-year-olds said "that's how old my MOM is!" in a shocked-that-you're-so-old voice. Thanks, thanks a lot...

Katrina said...

It's tough, but I think it's time you took a chance and cut it! Shocking, I know, but that's what I did. I got into the same rut you seem to be in and my fragile self-esteem started to plummet, especially when I would find a gray hair or two. Anyway, I found a very trusted hairstylist (you know her sort of, she did our hair for my wedding) and I just told her what I wanted to feel like from my haircut, but also told her I was ready to go too drastic. So she talked to me a bit about the cut and I got some color too, well, to cover up those stray grays... and voila! I haven't has so many great compliments on my hair ever before. Plus, My hair looked so much healthier. I had so many split-ends and damage, that cutting a big chunk of it off made me feel like I was in one of those shampoo commercials! You can do it, but don't do it til you find a hairstylist you absolute can talk and trust etc!!!

Katrina said...

I meant to say i WASN"T ready to go to drastic... oh, and what i meant by how I wanted to "Feel" from the haircut, was descriptions like "Sophisticated, but not grandma-ish" Fun, stylish, etc.