Monday, August 25, 2008
A major mind blowing realization
It certainly feels weird to say this, but I feel I need to put it in writing to make this realization a reality: I think I like to cook. I've never liked to before. It has always been something I've avoided even learning. I wish I could turn back time and pay more attention to my mom's cooking-she's amazing. Even when Mat and I got married I didn't have the necessary kitchen skills. Our whole first year of marriage was pretty much stir-fry. (that's another proof that he loves me.haha) Our second year of marriage I was a bit spoiled by our wonderful friends in Maryland who would always get together for pot-lucks...very often! It was wonderful to just make one thing and enjoy everyone else's good cookin'. Anyway, this past year I've been really trying to make the effort to learn more and be adventurous in what I attempt to cook/bake. And through this effort, even though I'm just an amateur, I think I'm learning to like it. It's so creative, artistic and really a talent that I can recognize in others. So as I'm trying to continue to make the effort to learn and grow...I would appreciate those of you who are queens and kings of the kitchen to feel free to share tips, recipes and favorite family pleasers with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sheena, I didn't know you had a blog too! I've been meaning to call you for at least the past five months to tell you I'm pregnant, but I just kept forgetting. So it goes...I'll try and get in touch soon!
hey girl! Thanks for coming out of the closet! j/k I've always admired your culinary skills! I remember back in TVA, we were talking about dinner and you said you were making stuffed peppers... yummy! I think the only thing I knew how to make back then was... chilli and rice!! lol. And your peanut sauce wraps - I still want the recipe! lots of love...
Sheena you a great chef, c'mom Steve loves your food and me too, we miss you guys...
Sheena, you are a great cooker, we miss you guys...
I like to cook but there are times, actually a majority of the time, when we don't have all the ingredients in recipes that I want to try out. and when we do, I'm too lazy to do the work to cook. Maybe I should planning a menu and shop accordingly. Too bad, you're not experimenting over here, we could get together!! If you're looking for recipes, I have tons of sites you can look at! There is campbellskitchen.com
kraftfoods.com
allrecipes.com
and you can even sign up for newsletters and they'll email you recipe ideas. it's awesome!!
Have fun!
Post a Comment