We joined Mat on a quick trip downtown for work last week and ended up down the street from Little Tokyo which we've been wanting to go to for a while. Although we just made a short stop for lunch we had a fun time. We stopped at a curry house and ordered some...you guessed it...curry. It was right next door to a Japanese book store (I think we went to a similar one in New York) and we had fun checking it out. I saw my new favorite kids book: Everyone Poops. By the same author: The Gas We Pass. hehehe. Then on the way back to the car we stopped off at Marukai's just "to look" and ended up leaving with a handful of goodies. Mat found his favorite juice: Hawaiian Sun and I picked up some Hawaiian salt, nori, shoyu and some Japanese candy. Can't wait to go back. :)
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Little Tokyo
We joined Mat on a quick trip downtown for work last week and ended up down the street from Little Tokyo which we've been wanting to go to for a while. Although we just made a short stop for lunch we had a fun time. We stopped at a curry house and ordered some...you guessed it...curry. It was right next door to a Japanese book store (I think we went to a similar one in New York) and we had fun checking it out. I saw my new favorite kids book: Everyone Poops. By the same author: The Gas We Pass. hehehe. Then on the way back to the car we stopped off at Marukai's just "to look" and ended up leaving with a handful of goodies. Mat found his favorite juice: Hawaiian Sun and I picked up some Hawaiian salt, nori, shoyu and some Japanese candy. Can't wait to go back. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lucy and Ellie have the same dress....love it!
so fun! gotta love when you find food you like to eat on the mainland!
I really like that picture of Lana in front of that colorful mural - so artistic. What a fun outing!
Hey Sheena,
So how are you adjusting to 2? It's get easier over time, doesn't it? We'd LOVE some Japanese music songs. Eli understands some Japanese words but won't speak them in front of other people. I really need to get crackin' and teach him more. Hope all is well!
I love little outings! How fun!
Post a Comment