Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Kaiser Kid



My little Lana has been such a great sport about coming with me to all 5,000 prenatal appointments at Kaiser. They are too often, too redundant and sometimes we wait too long for the doc. But she's always so good and patient and has the routine down pat! When I need blood drawn, she tells the nurse, "Use the BIG needle!" And she always laughs really loud and enjoys telling everyone in the waiting room that I just made shi-shi in a cup. Getting my blood pressure checked is also a favorite and she's become quite a chatter box with the doctors and nurses. They are really good about involving her in the appointment and asking her how she feels about being a big sister. And finally, she's beginning to know her way around the building pretty well. On the way out we can't leave without having "storytime" where they sell books for kids. That's the bribe I hang over her head for her to be good during the appointment and it works every time. So, thanks...Lana for being a good sport and here's to being DONE with going to all those annoying appointments!

*This picture is of a little fountain we pass by on the way back to the car

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your blog ... thank you for making our day....dad and i were reading it this am.....
could you see that they clean the water fountain in the back of Lana, though she makes it SPARKLE !!!....the days are shorter huh and you look tremendously gorgeous sheena..!!
I see that you don't have our blog site on your blogs to follow...do I need to do something?...love you Sheena, thank you to your mom for helping out, yet, another one huh. take care...can't wait to hear the good news...mom

Natalie said...

That's great that Lana has been so patient! I can't see Charlie EVER being patient. Please tell me it's not just personality but something that comes with age!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry sheena.....how rude of my to just invite myself to be on your "to follow blogs"....thought I needed to do something on my end....
rude step motherinlaw....