








I'd like to welcome the newest member of the Pacada clan: Kaitlyn Pacada. She and Michael tied the knot this past week in the Orlando, Florida temple. The sealing was very beautiful and it couldn't have been more perfect. It was really emotional for me to see my little brother (my little punk for so many years) all grown up, ready to start a new life with his sweetheart. We were all bawling but the Spirit was so strong and in that moment I had so many feelings going through me: peace, love, gratitude (for the time that our family did have Michael all to ourselves and the many memories we have together) , disbelief (that the day had come so quickly), sadness (that not all of our family was there), and joy to know that families can be together forever!!
The reception was fabulous! It was at a very nice house (generous hosts!) on a lake and while everything was being set up, we got to go jet-skiing and wake-boarding on the lake. I totally schooled Michael on the wake-board. That's probably the only thing I'll ever beat him in and it probably won't last. haha. It was an out-door event and started just as it was getting dark. The bridesmaids and groomsmen looked so nice and we got to visit, eat, dance and finally said our goodbyes and the couple took off on a jet-ski. So fun!
I'm still waiting on pictures from my mom & dad who have all the good ones, but Kaitlyn's mom just sent me a few fun ones from the reception. They were so nice to think of Shaefer who's on a mission in Peru right now and obviously not able to make it to the wedding. They made a cardboard cut-out of him (actually the body of JFK and Shaefer's face pasted on! ha!) that we took pictures with and had standing around during the reception. Kaitlyn's cousin even danced with him for a while!
I have to say that Michael is a lucky man and the two of them fit together quite nicely. I'm so excited for their future together and just hope that they start having their cute kids soon so Lana can have some Pacada cousins!
3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! It looked like a super fun wedding! I love that you guys had "Schafer" there!! GENIUS!!
CONGRATS! I am so happpy for him. I bet it was weird but cool to see your little bro get married huh?! i LOVE the Schafer cut out. CLASSIC!
congratulations to Michael!! I'm glad you had fun there..love ya...
Post a Comment