Monday, September 15, 2008
BEST DADDY in the WORLD
This past weekend I was gone for Michael's wedding in Florida. (I'll post about that later when I have pictures to go along with it because it was AMAZING!!) Mat and Lana were on their own and this was the first time that I'd been away this long: 3 1/2 days. The day before I left I was driving with Lana in the car and that song by John Mayer came on "fathers be good to your daughters, daughters will love like you do, girls become lovers and turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters too..." (or something like that) and I totally started crying! I had to keep blinking away the tears so I could see. The first day I was gone I called Lana to check and see how she was doing. I secretly thought that she'd be missing me like crazy and just be a mess. She was at her friend Veronica's house and she just told me she was playing with Veronica and it seemed like I was interrupting her playtime (EXCUSE ME!). Mat had her stuff packed when he dropped her off and he even got off of work early to pick her up. They went to the pool and played and he said she fell right to sleep at night with no problem. The next day when I called they were in the car and Lana was so excited cause daddy was taking her to buy a tent. "A big HUGE one!" she said. And when I got home on Sunday I found out that she got super-sick the night before throwing up everywhere! Poor Mat was all by himself to take care of her and he did a good job! When I walked in the door I saw the big huge tent set up in the living room, and Lana was asleep in the bedroom with a big bucket next to her! Haha. When she got up she told me all about her weekend and said that she had fun with daddy, she was good girl and then she got sick and daddy took care of her. He even gave her a blessing. So, Mat, here's to you and your mad daddy skills. WE LOVE YOU!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This was one of those "Aaaaw!" posts. What a good daddy. Glad you all survived the trip and I
hope Lana is feeling better. Can't wait to see the wedding pics!
Glad you had a good trip and yay for Mat!
That is a really sweet post, Mat is a great daddy. What a tough weekend to be away! But congrats to your brother!
I read your daddy-daughter date post and showed it to Aaron, and he decided to take Elise out for ice-cream -she was thrilled!
I love that wedding picture of you two!
Post a Comment