Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Turkey-Lurkey!"

We had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving holiday! We did miss our family that's spread out over the globe: Maui, Oahu, all over California, Idaho, Utah, Kansas, Florida and Peru. Our awesome friends, Jeff, Jackie, Veronica and David had us over to join them for the holiday. This was so gracious of them and the feeling I had of love, friendship and gratitude for them was overwhelming. I discovered a saying this year that I've come to really relate to: "Friends are like family you find along the way." I look at the amazing friends that I've come to know in my life and feel that they really do become my family in so many ways. Jackie did a fantastic job of cooking and everything looked so pretty (two separate accomplishments in my eyes). We had a nice meal and looking back it's funny because Lana was asleep for the first part and then played under the table with Veronica for the rest of it. She's usually the one that says, "I WANT FOOD!" but she held out pretty much until we got home and dove into the left-overs (again, thanks to the Enos family!). I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving as well and felt true gratitude for the many blessings that the Lord showers upon us. Is it just me or is time really starting to fly by?!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving - we did too. And we're also super grateful for good friends we've met along the way.

The Palmers: said...

We love and miss you guys! Sorry we don't keep in touch better. I haven't updated our blog in awhile since our little guy will be arriving soon. I'm due in a couple of weeks but I swear he's coming any day now! We'll post more pics soon! I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Talk to you guys laterz!

Dana

Ui said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun!:) Glad you had a nice thanksgiving!!

Ditto, I can't believe it's already DECEMBER! love you guys:)

Unknown said...

time IS flying!! Can you believe it's almost Christmas and then it'll be 2009?!