Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Should I Wait a Little Longer?!!

I see that if I wait a few more weeks then it will be exactly one year since I've updated this blog. It's good for me to put something on here...makes me feel at least a little connected to the outside world. So, I won't wait. Jared: Our littlest munchkin has been talking A TON! Mat and I crack up because in the morning when we're dropping everyone off he's kinda quiet and just pretty mellow. The afternoon comes and when we pick Daddy up he just can't stop talking. I love hearing the highlights of his day which are usually things that I don't expect. Example: we went for a hike today with his class and what does he remember? "I saw a cat!" It was a replica of a bobcat that we saw briefly in the exhibit room before the hike. At least it was more interesting than a regular cat! He's still in LOVE with cars. And trains. And planes/helicopters/boats every now and then. But, mostly cars. Lately he's been dumping out all his cars and toys and making a "city." He'll park his cars around it and it keeps him busy for a good amount of time. (mommy loves this). Every morning when before I officially get pulled out of bed by Jared he gives me a "hug and tiss." Every morning. I love it. And he's forever jumping off of things now. Rocks, stairs, couches...you name it. I'm proud of his big jumps. Picking up Lana is his afternoon request everyday and he can't wait to go get her. She's so cute and asks him what adventures he had today and asks if he missed her. His favorite color is blue and I've discovered that lollipops work as incentive for going to the potty. We're still in the beginning stages so...I'll keep you posted. Lana: She's LOVED kindergarten. Reading is her favorite thing to do. She always points out that reading, drawing and swimming are her favorite things to do and she always asks me what I liked to do when I was little and I told her that it was pretty much the exact same thing! There are so many cute friends that she's made in school and I can tell that they all really love her because she's such a sweet, caring and fun girl. I love that she can get ready all by herself now and on her own. Tying her shoes and making her own ponytail is a recent accomplishment. My usual frustration is when I have to do all the constant reminding and micro-managing with getting ready in the morning cause I know she can do it without me! My favorite way to start the day is to walk her to school: just me and her. It's a nice time to just spend together. I love that she loves to learn new things and explore and has such a funny sense of humor. She's very thoughtful and I need to be better at mailing out all the pictures and letters that she writes to family and friends. Mat is thrilled that she's starting soccer and it's really only a little clinic that she goes to but he stand on the side lines the ENTIRE time and watches and cheers her on. (mom is over with Jared at the playground but I don't feel bad because I always get a full report on her soccer skills status!) Dad: Currently he's out of commission from another basketball ankle injury. This happens so frequently that we have bags of peas that are specifically designated as "peas to ice his ankle." He's really gotten in to playing basketball here and loves it. Playing it, watching it, and buying all the Lakers "stuff" including Kobe shoes. We enjoy taking the kids swimming and hiking and are slowly exploring some fun places around here to hike. Mat is super-excited that we are expecting our THIRD baby. Due November 3rd. He's also the Elders Quorum Pres again in our new ward and that keeps him pretty busy. Mom: I'm a young women's leader in our ward and LOVE IT. I always ask myself, "was I like THAT when I was in YW?!" I've slowly become used to the schedule of having a kid in school full time. I love that too! Moving into our new place has kept me busy this past year and I'm happy to say that I've unpacked almost everything. Almost. No matter what anyone tells you, it is much more time consuming to unpack than it is to pack. I like our new area and the great people that I've met here. They've made our decision to move here worthwhile in my opinion. I've enjoyed walking lately. I'll blame it on the baby bump. My running has to take a back seat for now. I attempted to run to my friends house the other night (she lives a block away) and I was pretty pooped by the time I got there! While I'm very excited for our little one that's on the way, I have to admit that I'm a little bit worried about being able to meet everyone's needs. I just look at all the amazing moms around me and wonder how they do it. Hopefully it will rub off on me eventually! But for now...here's to new adventures!

No comments: