Last month I found a great little place on....(wait for it)...craigslist! It was just down the street and in a quieter part of town. So, we decided to move! The apartment-living was wearing me out: up and down the stairs (with groceries), loud neighbors, busy street, parking that was far away...etc. Every other time we moved we had a moving company so this time was a whole different ballgame. We had friends donate boxes and help watch the kids here and there which really helped get some packing done. Lana and Jared "helped" a lot. Lana got a kick out of labeling the boxes and even left me a cute note on the box. I still can't figure out how much junk we had in our house that I didn't even realize. I tossed out a lot of stuff but now that we're in the new place and unpacking it still seems like there was a lot that snuck in here!
Our landlord is really nice and they live in the main house. They have gone above and beyond in making us feel at home and so far it's been a great experience. At the moment we still have a few boxes here and there and I'm trying to figure out where to put everything, but it's nice to be here. I keep telling everyone that to give an example of the difference in the peace of mind I have is that in our old place we woke up to the sound of fire engines, ambulances, street noises etc, but now I wake up and I hear the birds chirping outside. LOVE IT! Hopefully I'll get things cleaned up soon and have you guys over! I need to take pictures too so I can show you our new place...
3 comments:
I can't wait for more pictures!! Glad you found a better place to live!!
And by the way chica, you look SKINNY!!
I need to get my butt in gear! I wanna look like YOU!!!
wow Sheena well done!
Congrats on the new place!
Post a Comment